- 800g minced lamb
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method (Serves 6)
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Divide the mix into 6 equal amounts and mould into burger shapes.
- Cover the burger patties with cling film and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, to ensure the burgers hold shape when being grilled.
- Pre heat your George Foreman grill to maximum temperature.
- Place the burgers on the grill and cook for 8-12 minutes or until the juices run clear.
To serve: plate on a mini naan bread and top with an onion bhaji, mango chutney, chopped tomato and onion.