- 300g minced white fish – eg plaice or cod
- 200g white fish
- 1 shallot
- 40g capers, washed, drained, dried
- 3 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsn fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 Free range egg white
- 60g breadcrumbs
- Salt to taste
Method (Serves 6)
- Finely dice the white fish and add to a bowl, finely dice the shallot, capers, parsley and lemon zest and add to the bowl, season and mix well.
- In a separate bowl place the egg and whisk slightly, add the egg to the bowl with the fish and mix again, slowly add and mix the breadcrumbs, split into six equal amounts and mould into burger shapes, put the burgers on a plate, cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Heat the grill to maximum temperature, place the burgers on the grill and cook for 8-10.
- Cut the bun in half, place the lettuce on one half, lay the burger on top then add a spoonful of tartare sauce.