- 350g minced beef
- 150g steak mince
- ½ red onion
- 100g prunes
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 tsp horseradish sauce
- 80g chestnuts, cooked
- Salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper to taste
Method (Serves 6)
- Finely chop the onion and rosemary and add to a bowl, chop the prunes and chestnuts into approximately ½ cm pieces and add to the bowl, add all other ingredients to the bowl season and mix well.
- Split the mix into six equal amounts and mould into burger shapes; put the burgers on a plate, cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Heat the grill to maximum and cook the burgers for 8-10 minutes, depending on thickness, making sure the juices run clear.
- Cut the bun in half and grill lightly, on the bottom half of the bun put the lettuce, place the burger on the lettuce and top with a spoonful of the red current mayonnaise and crisp parsnip.
To Serve: crusty white bun, crisp parsnips, lettuce, red current mayonnaise