Cook on George Foreman Evolve Grill
- Use a whisk to cream together the butter and sugar. Then add the vanilla extract and the egg and incorporate. Sift the flour and mix into the butter and sugar making sure to mix well. Once the biscuit dough has formed stop mixing and roll the dough into a cylinder and wrap it in baking paper. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.
- Pre-heat the grill to 160ºC with the deep pan plate attached. Remove the biscuit dough from the fridge and cut into discs approx. ½ cm thick. Carefully place the biscuit discs in small batches into the deep pan plate and cook until golden brown (approx. 8-16 minutes each batch). Once cooked, leave them to cool on a wire rack.
- For the icing: Put the icing sugar in a bowl and slowly add the water whilst continuously mixing until a thick icing has formed.
- Once the biscuits have completely cooled spoon some the icing onto each one making sure not to spill any down the side. While the icing is still slightly runny, squeeze some of the black food colouring onto the icing to make concentric circles.
- Make the spider webs by lightly dragging a cocktail stick (or similar) 5 or 6 times from the centre of the biscuit to the edge – like the spokes of a wheel.