- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lime - need both zest and juice
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 2 packs of uncooked prawns
- (optional: chopped chilli)
- Cubes of pineapple (better fresh but can use tinned)
Created by Mumsnet member Ruth from London
A little bit of preparation goes a long way with these fantastic coconut prawn skewers. Add a taste of the tropical with a coconut marinade, and why not spice things up with some chopped chilli as well?
Method (serves 4):
- Pre-heat your George Foreman Grill until ready.
- Mix the ginger, garlic, lime juice and zest, coconut milk and chilli (if using it) together.
- Add the prawns and marinade for 1-24 hours, the longer you leave the more coconutty and flavoursome they get!
- Thread a cube of pineapple onto a kebab stick, fill the stick with prawns and then add a cube of pineapple on the end.
- Grill until prawns are cooked and pineapple bits have nice char lines.
- Serve with a chilli dipping sauce.
Top Tips: Works well with rice, couscous or a rocket salad