- Pre made or homemade pizza dough
- Tomato purée or ketchup
- 1 red onion
- Handful of grated cheese
- Additional favourite fillings such as ham, mushrooms or sweet corn
Created by Mumsnet member Jane from Liverpool
Make pizza without an oven with this mouth-watering calzone recipe you can cook on your George Foreman grill. Choose your favourite fillings for the ultimate Italian treat.
Method (serves 4):
- Roll out the pizza dough to be slightly larger than a slice of bread.
- Leave 1cm edge all around and spread tomato purée/ketchup sprinkle with sliced red onion, cheese and any other filling.
- Fold in half and press the dough together with a fork. If desired, put a little butter on the dough for an extra crispy finish when it cooks.
- Pre-heat your George Foreman Grill until ready.
- Place the pizza on the grill and cook for up to 10 mins or until it is ready.
- Also works well with pre bought puff pastry, or even a slice of normal bread.
Top tips: when placing the folded pizza base on the George Foreman Grill, make sure you place the folded edge at lower part of the grill so you don’t lose any of the tasty filling. For an authentic pizza flavour, use buffalo mozzarella and fresh basil. This recipe also works well with puff pastry or even a slice of normal bread.