- 720ml water
- 240ml apple cider vinegar
- 120ml fresh lemon juice
- 120ml soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp. black peppercorns
- 5 bay leaves
- 4 chicken breasts (either whole or cut into halves)
- rapeseed oil, for brushing
- salt and pepper, to taste
Cook Time: 30 minutes (recipe includes overnight marinating)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- In large, sturdy resealable plastic bag, combine all ingredients except oil, salt and pepper. Seal bag and shake to evenly distribute marinade over chicken.
- Open bag and press out air; re-seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Pat chicken dry and let stand at room temperature for approximately 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat Indoor/Outdoor Grill to setting 4.
- Brush chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on grill and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly charred after about 30 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to platter and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.