- 4 x 200g duck breasts – approximate
- 4 tsp. 5 spice
- 30g dark brown sugar
- 6 garlic cloves
- 60ml dark soy sauce
- Remove any excess fat from the meat and trim any excess skin off the top of the breast leaving just enough to cover the breast.
- With a knife carefully score the skin (this is much easier if the duck is chilled)
- Finely chop the garlic and put in a bowl, add the 5 spices, sugar and soy sauce and mix, add the duck breasts and cover with cling film, leave to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat the grill to maximum and cook the duck for 7-8 minutes depending on the size
Top tip – take the duck out of the fridge at least 30 -40 minutes before cooking this allows the meat to cook better, this can be done with most red meats.