- 400g Skinless chicken breasts or skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 1 small tub natural yogurt
- 3 dessert spoons mint sauce
- A ziplock freezer bag
Created by Mumsnet member Zoe from Chepstow
Get a taste of the Mediterranean with this delicious recipe for Greek-style chicken. With just three ingredients, this dish is simple yet full of traditional Greek flavours and it takes just 10 minutes to cook on your George Foreman grill.
Method (serves 4):
- Chop the chicken into thin strips.
- Put the chicken in a freezer bag then add the yogurt, 3 dessert spoons of mint sauce. Seal the bag and mix the ingredients around, squeezing out all the air from the bag.
- Put in the fridge to marinate for at least 1hr or ideally overnight. The longer you marinate it the better it will taste- the acids in the yogurt and mint sauce will break down the protein in the chicken and make it cook quickly but still taste moist and tender.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat your George Foreman Grill until ready.
- Remove from the fridge and cook on a hot grill for about 10 minutes. You can you also can add veggies to the grill at this point and make skewerless kebabs
- Serve with pitta bread and couscous and maybe a Greek salad for a delicious fun summer meal.
Top tips: add vegetables to the grill at the same time as the chicken for tasty skewerless kebabs or put the meat on skewers for instant indoor barbeque when the weather isn’t cooperating!