- 2 red peppers, seeded and quartered
- 2 green peppers, seeded and quartered
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 Italian spiced sausages
- 200g grated Cheddar cheese
- 225g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 large flour tortillas
- Sour cream
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Preheat grill on setting #4.
- Toss together red and green peppers, onions, 2 tbsp of the oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill sausages and vegetables, turning as needed, for 20 minutes or until sausages are cooked through and vegetables are tender; let cool slightly.
- Chop vegetables and slice sausage; toss with Cheddar and mozzarella. Arrange evenly over one side of each tortilla; fold tortilla over to enclose filling.
- Brush outside of each quesadilla with remaining oil; grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until tortillas are golden brown and cheese is melted. Let stand for 1 minute. Cut each tortilla into 4 wedges; serve with sour cream and salsa.
- Tip: Omit sausage for a vegetarian-friendly version of this recipe.