- 4 lamb steaks
- 100g rolled oats
- 12 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tbs grated parmesan
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 bulbs baby fennel
- 1 red onion, peeled & quartered
- Olive oil, a good glug
- 4 slices haloumi cheese
Created by Mumsnet member Sinead McLeod from London.
Create an entire lamb steak dinner on your George Foreman grill. The crispy oat coating is simple to create and adds a delicious and exciting new texture to tender lamb. Served with grilled vegetables this is a great healthy and comforting meal for any occasion
Method (serves 4):
- Pre-heat your George Foreman Grill until ready.
- Blitz the oats, parmesan and mint in a blender.
- Dip the lamb steaks in the beaten egg. Coat the lamb steaks with oat mix and place on the grill. Cook for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, drizzle oil over veg in a bowl, stir and season generously. Scatter the vegetables around the lamb. And grill for a further 5 mins or until everything is cooked to your liking.
- Remove the veg and place the haloumi over each steak. Set your George Foreman Grill to melt mode and grill until the cheese is lightly toasted.
- Serve the lamb and vegetables on a bed of creamy mash
Top tips: for an extra treat, try serving the lamb with a tangy fruity accompaniment such as a redcurrant & port sauce. .