- 4 chicken skinless breast
- 6-8 fresh red chillies, depending on how hot you want it
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tbsp paprika
- 100ml olive oil
- 50ml red wine vinegar
Method (Serves 4)
- Preheat the grill to maximum temperature. Char the chillies on the grill for 2-3 minutes. Set aside until they’re cool enough to handle then roughly chop and put them in a saucepan with the garlic, salt, oregano, paprika, olive oil and vinegar. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool, and then blend it to a purée.
- Put the chicken breasts in a lidded container or sealable plastic bag. Add the piri-piri sauce, spreading it evenly over the chicken, seal and marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Cook on the grill for 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
Tip: Serve with salad and potatoes or rice.