Method (Serves 8)
- Place waffle plates on the grill. Use switch at bottom right rear of grill to make flat surface. Close cover; set cooking temperature at 425°F and cooking time for 8 minutes. Allow grill to preheat for 5 minutes.Waffles:
- Stir together flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs and butter; stir into flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour 2 cups of batter onto waffle plates. Close and cook for about 8 minutes or until golden. Arrange waffles on a wire rack set over a baking sheet; place in warm oven. Repeat with remaining batter to make 8 waffles (4 batches).Hollandaise Sauce:
- In small saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat until bubbling. Combine egg yolks, lemon juice and mustard in a blender; purée until smooth. With motor running, pour bubbling butter into blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover to keep warm for up to 30 minutes.Poached Eggs:
- Meanwhile, fill a saucepan with enough water to come about 3 inches up side. Heat until water simmers gently; stir in vinegar. Break cold egg into small dish or saucer. Holding dish just above simmering water, slip egg into water. Cook, in barely simmering water, for 3 to 5 minutes or until egg white is set and yolk is soft or until desired level of doneness. Remove eggs with slotted spoon. Drain well on paper towel.
- Place each waffle on a plate; top with a slice of ham, a poached egg and Hollandaise sauce. Garnish with chives; serve immediately.
Tip:Waffles can be tightly wrapped and frozen for up to 1 month.